How to install CSF Firewall
CSF Firewall download and installation
To install CSF Firewall on your system firstly you will have to download its .tgz package and extract it at your system. This can be done using these commands:
- wget http://www.configserver.com/free/csf.tgz – downloads the CSF Firewalls .tgz package
- tar zxf csf.tgz – extracts the package.
After the download and extraction is complete proceed to installation by using these commands:
- cd csf – enter the extracted folder that contains CSF Firewall installation files
- sh install.sh – starting installation
After installation is complete all configuration files for your CSF Firewall are located in directory etc/csf. Each file in that directory contains tips on how to use them. To open these files simply use your favorite text editor.
Common installation problems
Most common problems with CSF Firewall installation are missing perl modules. If you will encounter perl module errors you will have to install them to be able to proceed with CSF Firewall installation.
For example if installation shows you that you are missing perl module LWP/UserAgent.pm you will have to find its full name in yum and install it. This can be done using the following commands:
- yum search UserAgent – searches for per module UserAgent in yum. The output of the command is something like this:
As you can see we have found a full name of perl module “UserAgent”. Now you must use this full name to install it using yum:
- yum install perl-LWP-UserAgent-Determined.noarch – installs perl module called perl-LWP-UserAgent-Determined.noarch
After running this command the perl module will be installed as you will be able to continue CSF Firewall installation. This can be done for every missing perl module.