How to Run WordPress Installation Script?
WordPress has been developed in order to have user friendly interface performing any kind of modifications or even doing it’s installation. To start installing this software we will need to open web browser and go to WordPress installation link. If the files have been uploaded directly to public_html directory we can simply go to the domain name and start installation process. If it was uploaded to sub-directory, we will need to provide it’s name in the link as well. In this tutorial we assume WordPress has been already uploaded to the hosting account. The following steps should be accomplished to install WordPress by using install script.
- Go to the installation link by using domain name. For example, if the files was uploaded to public_html/wordpress then installation can be reached by using and we should see the following window.
- As it says in the message, before installing WordPress we will need to create it’s configuration file “wp-config.php”. We can do this either by creating it through file manager or FTP of the hosting account. It can also be created by clicking on “Create a Configuration File”. Using this method we should be presented with the next screen.
- Now we will need to get database details that should include database name, username, password, host and table prefix. This information can be easily obtained from hosting service provider. Simply by creating database in the server control panel we will be provided with database details. If ready, we can go ahead and click “Let’s go!” button.
- In the next step we will be asked to provide details that we had to obtain in the step 3.
- There we will need to put database name, username, password, host (which is usually localhost) and table prefix which can be leaved by default. Fill the form and make sure all details are correct. If so, it’s about the time to click “Submit” button. On successful connection with the database we should see the following message.
- If we can see this message, this means WordPress is ready to be installed. Simply click “Run the install” button to start the installation. And here we will be asked for another part of information.
- Provide the title for new WordPress website and the username which will be used to access admin area. Furthermore, we will be asked to provide the password for that username.
- Make sure to use strong password that consists various letters, numbers and special characters like !@#$%, etc. We will see password strength in the indicator while entering it. The final field requires to enter our email address.
- Put the email address which will be used to send all information associated with WordPress website. We may also allow search engines to index our website by leaving “Allow search engines to index this site” checkbox selected. If the information provided above is correct, we may finish the installation by clicking “Install WordPress”. Website should be installed in a few seconds. Upon successful installation we should get the following screen.
- Here is how easy and fast we can deploy new WordPress website in our hosting service. Now we may use login form to access WordPress dashboard and start blogging!