Setting up Tax Rules in osCommerce
Setting up the Rates of Tax
In case you do not have tax rates previously, make two different rates for tax, one for the general sales tax and one for the Quebec provincial sales tax.
- In the Admin section, choose the Sales – Tax – Manage Tax Zones & Rates.
- Now left click on the Add New Tax Rate command button.
- In the Information area of the Tax Rate, fill the following information:
Tax Identifier: In this section fill the GST and the QST. Ensure to not comprise blank spaces in this information field. This Tax identifier is not noticeable to consumers in case the swap Tax Titles segment is utilized.
State and the Country: Choose the name of country and the state in which the particular tax is relevant.
Zip/Post Range: Enter No in this field.
Range From or Range To: Not appropriate.
Rate %: Fill the rate of the tax as the number of percentage.
Titles of the Tax: Titles of the Tax let you name of the tax rate.
Now left click on the Save Rate command button to save the changes.
Setting up the initial Compounding Rules of the Tax
- In the Admin section, choose the Sales – Tax – Manage Rules of the Tax.
- In the section of the Manage Tax Rules, left click on the Add New command button to add the new rules for the tax.
- In the information area of the Tax Rule, fill the subsequent fields:
Name: Fill the name for this rule of the tax which will create it simply to recognize.
Customer Tax Class: Choose the class of the customer tax to relate this rule.
Product Tax Class: Choose the class of product tax to relate this rule of the tax.
Tax Rate: Choose the rate of the tax to relate for this rule of the tax.
Priority: Identify the significance of this rule of the tax by providing it the number worth. The Lower value of the numbers has superior value. In case two different rules of the tax have the similar precedence number, their taxes are supplementary together. Or else the taxes are complexes.
Sort Order: Place the sort order to zero.
Now left click on the Save Rule command button to save the changes.