How to transfer Magento to a new host
Shifting the Magento installation process from the single host to an additional involves in three different steps:
The simplest method to perform this is with FTP user such as the File Zilla. Download all your files and folders from the older host and upload them into your hosting account with the latest host.
Export the database of Magento from the elderly host and import it to the fresh one.
The simplest method to perform this is with the PHP My Admin.
To export the record from the elderly host, do the following steps:
- 1. Move to the PHP My Admin device at your old host provider, choose your database of Magento from the left side of the menu and then left click the ‘Export’ button.
- 2. Choose all the tables of the database by clicking ‘choose the entire’ in the section called Export of the display.
- 3. Immobilize the foreign key by ticking ‘immobilize foreign key’.
- 4. Ensure that whole inserts and comprehensive insert alternatives in the Database are ticked.
- 5. Click on ‘Save’ button and left click on the ‘Go’ to download the database plunk.
Create the fresh MySQL database and adjoin the client to it.
Open PHP My Admin, choose the recently shaped database from the left side of the menu and left click the ‘Import’ tab.
Left click the command button. After that click on the location of the text file and situate the database chuck you have downloaded previously.
Left click the ‘Go’ command button at the base of the display to import the data.
Reconfiguring Magento to catch up with the latest settings of the database. To perform this, you need to edit the subsequent file in your directory of the Magento installation:
Lines which you need to modify in this file are:
1 2 3
<em><! [CDATA [ localhost ] ]> <! [CDATA [mysql _user] ]> <! [CDATA [MySQL _pass]]> <! [CDATA [database _name] ]></em>
You need to restore the settings manifest in bold as pursue:
Local host – the host database you cannot modify. In case you face the connection problems within the database, inquire your host for support because they can be utilizing the different MySQL host in their system.
MySQL_user – the user of the database which you shaped earlier and added to the record.
MySQL_user_pass – the MySQL password for the user.
Database_name – the name of the database you have earlier formed.
The previous thing you must do once you modernize the local.xml file with the fresh settings of the database is to clear the cache of Magento.
As you have inserted your name of the domain to the fresh hosting server, you will be capable to contact your Magento store at the latest host.